• Join The Conversation


  • News

    • 4.11.2014
      When You Can Claim Your Sibling as a Dependent

      In the spirit of National Siblings Day, we’re taking a look at when you can claim your brother or sister on your tax return.

      Learn More
    • 4.11.2014
      Advice for Last-Minute Filers

      April 15 is the deadline for taxpayers who still need to file their 2013 income tax returns. Rushing at the last minute can lead to error, so we’ve got some tips to make sure you get your taxes done on time and correctly.

      Learn More
    • 4.9.2014
      The Skinny on Filing Extensions

      It’s the last few days of tax season, and if you’re planning to file an extension because you might owe taxes, remember that an extension only gives you additional time to file forms. Filing an extension does NOT give you any additional time to pay your taxes! 

      Learn More
    • 4.9.2014
      Oh No! You Owe!

      It’s true that 75 percent of all taxpayers receive a refund (according to public IRS data), so what happens if you are in the other 25 percent and owe? 

      Learn More
    • 4.8.2014
      Audit Red Flags

      Tax return audits are one of the biggest concerns of many taxpayers. The best way to help audit-proof your return is to make sure everything in it is accurate and in the right place. 

      Learn More
    • 4.8.2014
      Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. Recognized as Bronze LearningElite Organization

      Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. has been named a Bronze LearningElite organization for 2014 by Chief Learning Officer magazine. 

      Learn More
    • 4.4.2014
      When Life Changes – Your Taxes Might Too

      You may be used to seeing “overlooked tax deductions” and “Top 10” lists during tax season. The tips in those might not apply to you, but there’s one thing that every taxpayer can watch for: life changes. And since life tends to change from year to year, it’s worth looking for recent experiences that might help you get more out of your tax return.

      Learn More
    • 4.4.2014
      Meet Tax Pro Lisa Kutschman

      One of Jackson Hewitt’s greatest assets is our team of dedicated Tax Pros – the people you meet in the store. So we want to take a moment to introduce you to one of our valued associates and explain what we love about her.

      Learn More
    • 4.4.2014
      It’s the Final Countdown!

      Welcome to the final 11 days left of the tax season! As we head down the home stretch, here are some things that you may need to know as you wrap up your 2013 taxes and start looking towards next year. 

      Learn More
    • 4.1.2014
      It’s Not Too Late for Health Care! File Your Taxes with Jackson Hewitt for Help!

      Customers still have time to get help with health care coverage options when they file their taxes with Jackson Hewitt. Qualified customers may still apply for tax credits to help pay their premiums or for Medicaid/CHIP, which is generally free or low-cos

      Learn More